Thursday, December 15, 2011

Enter Shikari

Take to the Skies (2007)
Mediafire 

 Common Dreads (2009)
Mediafire 

Epic Trancecore band that mixes synth and step with heavy breakdowns. The band has defined the genre and should be releasing a third album in 2012. I get to see this band live in a couple days so I'll update this post about how the show went, I have pretty high expectations.

------
12-18-11
 
   So I saw Enter Shikari live and they honestly played below my expectations. They played a lot off of Common Dreads and I was really hoping to hear more from Take to the Skies. Their stage presence was weak, and they just didn't sound like quite the same band as they did off their albums. They also added additional electronic beats, that aren't on the original songs, to spice up the show. It made it more of a dubstep rave than a metalcore show. Take to the Skies wins as my favorite Enter Shikari album, but I probably won't be listening to this band too much more. Bands that are poor live always ruin themselves for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment