Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Safety Fire

Mouth of Swords (2013)
Torrent 

I must admit that I was a little skeptical about this release after hearing Yellowism and Red Hatchet, but this album quickly became one of my favorites of the year.  My original skepticism came from the lack of heavy vocals that were replaced with a high pitched voice with a little to much post production. I have heard rumors that the lead singer was loosing his screaming voice and therefore had to tone it down but who knows. Either way, upon hearing the whole album I fell in love. The title track "Mouth of Swords" is simply epic, rolling into the aggressive "Glass Crush." The album makes great use of melody, especially on tracks such as "Wise Hands" and "I am Time, the Destroyer." The album ends on such a perfect note too with the song "Old Souls." Oh, and how can I forget "Beware the Leopard?" This album has such a perfect flow on it between songs that Grind the Ocean just didn't have, not to say I don't love that album as well.

1 comment:

  1. Internet Positif adalah musuh besar dari keadaan ingin berjudi di Indonesia. Karena Judi masih ilegal di Negara +62 ini jadi untuk Login Sbobet Mobile saja sangat sulit (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)

    ReplyDelete