Thursday, June 9, 2011

Stray From the Path


 
 Villains (2008)

 Make Your Own History (2009) 

 Rising Sun (2011)
 

Recently saw SFTP at the 2011 Bledfest and before then I had never heard of them before. They were the only band (that I didn't know at all) to really grab my attention. The played a wildly energetic show and raised the bar for the rest of the night's bands. After the show I went home and found Make Your Own History to be a promising album. It's tough to find original metalcore these days, many bands seem to just go through the motions. SFTP has a number of very memorable moments that caught my ear on first listen. Some moments may blend together as typical metalcore, but it is always built back up into something awesome. Plus the dudes got a unique sing/scream combo that adds the finishing touch to the album, making it sing-a-long worthy. Fast paced, brutal, metalcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment